The chances that you were only a few years old when the Sydney Olympics Games took place are pretty high. Not if that is a problem, it just shows how fast time goes. And that won’t be changing anytime soon due to the dynamic development in Sydney, which is the most populous city in Australia. So it makes sense that it’s a bit more expensive than Melbourne; a one-bedroom flat can cost 2,500 dollars in the city centre, for example.
With AppJobs now, you could supplement your income and be your own boss.
Sydney and The Gig Economy
You can see yourself that the sharing economy is thriving in Sydney. You can do many jobs in different industries and sectors. In case you only want to earn but not work, checking some rental sites could make you extremely happy. When planning your schedule, you can aim at taking up jobs part-time, at weekends or whenever you feel like.
- While all gigs are kind of flexible, driving and delivery driving jobs will also require you to drive in different circles in Sydney. You’ll pick up deliveries or passengers and drop them off at their destination near the opera house or somewhere else.
- Indeed, the Sydney Opera House is one of the most iconic buildings in the city. Despite being a cliché to visit it, tourists will end up there eventually. Your home could function as their accommodation and you could be even earning money by guiding them in Sydney as a tour guide.
- Fun is also produced when you sign up as a babysitter, senior care provider or a pet sitter in Sydney. Working as a sitter means you lighten up someone else’s life or take care of a lovely pet constantly running, like a dog that wags his/her tail excitedly.
- For more work with humans, you can join a site for freelancers or teachers. Earning money as a person doing freelance and teaching jobs is rewarding. Your clients and students will appreciate your efforts in Sydney.
- If you have gained specialised skills or just happen to be an amazing cook, you can start thinking of working as a nurse, massage therapist or home chef in Sydney. Jobs including taking care of the human soul and body will always be on demand.
- Of course, you can even focus on non-living things. As a cleaner or handyman, you’ll be able to fill your pocket after dusting, hovering around a flat or fixing some broken elements in a Sydney home.
- Owning a vehicle and some tools could qualify you to become a member of a platform and rent out your stuff for great money in Sydney.
Further ReadingsIn case you would like to learn more about the gig economy, read our blog!
• How to stay organized and earn money as a stay-at-home parent
• 4 Easy Ways to Make Money as a Local Guide
• How Are Gig Jobs Different from Traditional Jobs?
• 4 best part-time jobs for college students
• Finding the best job for your skills and assets in 2 easy steps
• The Most Popular Gig Platforms Worldwide?