Even though it is a young city, only about 70 years old, it still brings history, attractions, and events. Mounds of history
are a perfect example of that statement. It is a 97-acre preserve with two historic trails. For more hiking, go along the Savannas Preserve State Park,
stroll through Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens,
walk around Hillmoor Lake Park.
As the city is surrounded by wonderful nature, there are many more places to go: learn about the importance of preserving nature in Oxbow Eco-Center, go fishing at Oak Hammocks Park, go dolphin watching with your family, take a walk along the RiverWalk Boardwalk.
To see the city from up close, although through a camera lens, watch the 11th James bond film with Roger Moore - Moonraker. To see what the land looked like before the city was built, go to Spruce Bluff Preserve.
Port St. Lucie and The Gig Economy
The economy of Port St. Lucie is rapidly growing due to its great location, good family life and low crime rates. It has been a great place for investors because the city is well connected, it has access to I-95 and Florida’s Turnpike, rail, seaports, and Treasure Coast International Airport.
As everywhere around the world, in Port St. Lucie the gig economy is getting stronger and it is in more demand. The reason for that is the amount of flexibility the jobs bring. In the gig economy, also known as the “sharing economy”, you can choose to work part-time or full-time, you can choose the line of work that interests you, you are in charge of your own time, and you don’t have a boss to tell you when to work and for how long.
Take a look at some of the jobs available in Port St. Lucie through the gig economy:
- If you have a car, a bike or a moped, you can become a delivery driver and transport food, groceries, and other goods from a food provider to your customer’s home or office.
By sharing your car with other residents of Port St. Lucie, you can become a driver with platforms like Lyft. Pick up a couple of rides every time you are free and add funds to your home budget.
- If you are a homeowner in Port St. Lucie, you can rent out your home to visitors and earn a passive income and get to keep your main job or free time without sacrificing too much of your time.
- With platforms like Hiving and Survey Junkie, you can complete surveys and help corporations shape their goods and services to become better suited for their consumers.
- You can take care of other people’s homes while they are away and earn money in the process. Take a look at the platforms like Housesitter and Housekeeper.
Further ReadingsEveryone would love to know more about how the gig economy works and what it gives you as an independent contractor. Our blog is there to answer your questions!
• The ultimate financial planning for gig workers
• How Are Gig Jobs Different from Traditional Jobs?
• 3 Major Benefits About Gig Jobs
• The Most Popular Gig Platforms Worldwide