Are you in need of some extra money and would like to earn it in a flexible way and not confined to some office? Can you drive and know your city quite well? Then you have probably already thought of signing up with a driving app. It is true that it can be an excellent full-time or part-time job that can provide extra money or a satisfactory full salary. The only thing to consider is if you fulfill all the requirements that apply in Canada for driver jobs, with apps like Lyft or Facedrive, for example.
But even if you don’t meet all the requirements, there is no reason to stress: Appjobs has some suggestions that can help you out!
Everything you need to know to become a driver with companies like Uber and Lyft in Canada
Image by Freepik.com
The most common requirements to become a driver in Canada
Each driving platform that operates in Canada may have its own special requirements and you can read all about them in the Appjobs’ relevant job descriptions, but keep in mind that the most common ones are:
- To be at least 18 or 21 years old, depending on the platform.
- To have a valid driver’s license. Some platforms will require that you have it for at least one year.
- To have a valid insurance for yourself and your car.
- To have a smartphone to be able to operate the driver app.
- To have a bank account or PayPal account to get paid.
- To have a social security number.
- Some apps may require that you have a 4C taxi permit.
- Some apps will do a national & county background check.
- You should have a suitable vehicle – for Lyft, for example, you need a car with four external doors, and at least five seats in total and for Face Drive a sedan or SUV of 2011 or newer.
Rent a car to start!
If you have the will but not the right assets to start working as a driver in Canada, you don’t have to get frustrated. You can find various partners to rent a suitable, proper year car model and appropriate insurance, for example.
Image by Splend
- With Splend, you can rent a new-model or brand-new car in the UK. You can also get partner discounts, which means you can save on car washes, tax & accounting services, health insurance and more. And if you refer a friend you will receive up to £100 bonus!
Read more about Splend, the innovative concept that will give you access to proper vehicle and insurance when driving with an app.
Want to know more about useful tools and services? Read this post: 60+ Essentials Tools and Apps for Freelancers
Check out driving jobs in Canada
If you have what is needed to sign up as a driver with an app in Canada, explore all your driver job possibilities with Appjobs. If not, just keep on reading.