Pet sitting doesn’t have to be your full-time job, it could be your side hustle only. People fond of animals find it quite fulfilling to work as a pet sitter on their own time. The extra income is just the icing on the cake. You don’t have to knock on doors and leave your résumé anywhere, dog walking job apps, or job boards for pet sitters, can help you reach fluffy town sooner than you think. However, be aware that apps tend to cover (larger) urban areas.
Everything you should know about best pet-sitting apps
Photo by ipet photo on Unsplash. Which dog walking job apps have you tried already?
8 Dog Walking Platforms for Pet Sitters
1. Host a Pet
Accueillir un animal de compagnie is named the Airbnb for Dogs available in Canada. Spot on, we’d say. This is an app for you if you want some company in your home. Your services may include boarding, daycare, walks, training, transportation, and bath. The platform offers a Premium Coverage Plan that protects both the hosts and the clients’ pets. If an accident happens while you’re working, Host a Pet may provide reimbursement up to $1,000.00. Read more about the eligibility and insurance ici.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must explain why you would be a great host.
- Must complete five modules as part of your training.
- Must take a final quiz.
- $15-$18 per hour
- (a commission fee of 16% of your total price is charged)
Since its foundation in 2011, Rover has reached several milestones, and today it has one of the largest community of pet sitters across the USA and other countries. This app is recommended to both beginners and established pet sitters. Someone with less experience and without any positive online reviews can benefit from the on-demand pet walker option to meet their first Rover client. They can also take advantage of the online resources Rover has put together to provide training for pet sitters. Veteran pet sitters can expand their clientele, or find new clients after moving to a new city. As a sitter, you’re covered by the Rover Guarantee. Additionally, Rover’s services are the most widespread, so even if you live in a smaller town, you may present yourself to a few pet parents. As a Rover sitter, you can earn money with dog boarding, house sitting, doggy day care, dog walking and drop-in visits.
- Must be at least 18.
- Must pass a background check that costs $25-$35.
- Must pass the Rover walker certification.
- Must complete your profile.
- Must have the latest version of the Rover app.
- Must be available on weekdays.
- $15-$25 per hour / up to $800-$1,000 per month
- (Rover keeps 20% of your earnings)
In terms of services offered, Wag ! share a lot of similarities with Rover. Sitters can be hired for drop-in’s, walks, boardings, sittings and daycare. The company has introduced lots of safety features, such as Wag! Tag, which is a smarter dog ID. Scanning a QR code, you would get essential information on the pet in your care. Wag! is a great alternative to Rover if that is not available in your city, though the commission fee is higher. The insurance policy implemented by Wag ! only protects the pets.
- Must be 18 or over.
- Must be legally allowed to work in the country.
- Must be physically able to walk about 20 minutes.
- Must take a quiz on pet care and safety.
- Must pass a collar and harness test, and a background check that costs $25.
- Must do a situational assessment test.
- Must have iPhone 6 and above (iOS 11.0), or Android 5.0 and above.
- $13-$17 per hour
- (Wag! Keeps 40% of your earnings)
If you don’t want to take several tests to start working as a pet sitter, PetBacker est the dog walking job app for you. Register and list your services such as pet boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, pet daycare, pet taxi or pet grooming. PetBacker contributes to the professional growth of pet sitters by giving them access to training. The platform is present all over the world, so if you decide to settle down in a new country, far away from home, you may continue your pet-sitting journey. Learn about PetBacker’s Premium Protection to see what protection you’re eligible for.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must confirm that you can legally provide pet service in your jurisdiction.
- Must pass a background check. (You authorize platform to run a background check by signing up.)
- Must provide proper contact information about your email, WhatsApp, Line, Wechat, Facebook etc.
- $10-$15 per hour
- (a service fee of 20-25% is charged)
5. Fetch! Pet Care
Fetch ! Soins des animaux has been around since 2002, serving pet parents, pet sitters, and pets of course. No professional training is required to become a sitter with Fetch! Pet Care but some experience is always welcome. The services offered by sitters are pet visits, dog walks, cat playtime, puppy care, and on some location you may make boost your income with pet boarding. Opt for Fetch! Pet Care if you’re a beginner pet sitter who will probably need some assistance. You’ll be insured.
- You must be at least 13 years old. (Minors need their legal guardians’ consent.)
- Pass a background check.
- Have a meeting with someone from the company.
- Attend orientation.
- $9-10 per hour (plus tips)
PetSitter.com est un self-service agency, meaning they don’t provide insurance, run background checks, require sitters to pass several tests, or process payments. However, they may give you some advice on these issues. Nearly anyone can register on the site, we would still recommend it to those who have at least a bit of experience as a pet sitter. Of course, you can always read up on issues and get prepared for anything that might come your way. In addition, PetSitter.com could create opportunities for pet sitters living in rural areas or smaller towns not covered by most of the apps to introduce themselves and find pet parents longing for some help. Services available: pet sitting, dog sitting, cat sitting, pet boarding, pet grooming, dog walking, and dog training.
- Must be 13 years old or older.
- Must confirm that you can legally provide pet care services in your jurisdiction.
- $10-$15 per hour
- (Calculate with an annual subscription fee if you purchase a paid plan.)
Sur Sittercity, you can create several caregiver profiles. Obviously, if your passion for animals drives you, you should register as a pet care provider. The platform doesn’t run background checks on all sitters-to-be automatically, but you can pay for a basic ($15) or enhanced one ($60). On your profile, a badge will appear to show your status. Sittercity is for you if you plan on combining pet sitting with other care jobs like babysitting, senior care, etc. Do research on what to know about assurance, retirement schemes, filing taxes before signing up. The platform has created a guideline on how to create an appealing profile.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have the legal right to work in your state.
- $8-$11 per hour
You would classify Soins.com en tant que job board, just like PetSitter.com ou Sittercity. You can join the platform as an individual or as a business, so it’s perfect for you if you’re a pet sitter just about to get started in the care sector, or you’ve got a business you wish to grow. During registration, choose pet care, but keep in mind that you can also sign up to find jobs in child care, senior care, special needs care, etc. The free membership is quite limited compared to the paid one. You either use their Payments Center or agree on another payment method with your clients.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You reside in a postal code region in which Care.com currently offers its services.
- You are a citizen or legal resident of Canada or hold a valid Canadian visa entitling you to work in Canada.
- You must not be, or work for, a competitor of Care.com or using its services for reasons that are in competition with Care.com.
- You complete your profile.
- $8-$11 per hour
- How to start a pet care job with no experience?
- 3 raisons d'avoir une assurance en tant que pet sitter
- Quoi de neuf dans la Gig Economy ? 11 avantages sociaux que les travailleurs indépendants devraient connaître !
- 5 emplois basés sur des applications qui vous aident à économiser de l'argent et à sauver la planète !
- Le modèle d'économie à la demande