More and more people nowadays use an app to e-hail a taxi rather than wait on the curb to find a passing taxi, so if you are thinking to become a driver with an app in the UK as a full-time or part-time driver, now is the time! You will get to explore your city, interact with all kinds of people, and make some good money.
Imagen de Freepik.com
Requirements to keep in mind when signing up as a driver in the UK
Every driving platform usually comes with specific requirements and you need to check on Appjobs to see what they are. Meanwhile, here is a list with the más común ones:
- There is usually a minimum age limit – with some apps it is 18 years old while with others 21 years old.
- You need to have a licencia de conducir válida.
- Your vehicle must be asegurado.
- You need a smartphone (Android or iPhone) which will be compatible with the driver app you will join.
- To get paid, you will need a bank account o un PayPal account.
- Some apps might require special licenses – to join ViaVan, for example you need a PCO license and a PHV licensed vehicle.
- With some apps there are certain car specifications to meet – AnyVan suggests that you use a Transit Van (SWB, MWB, LWB+), Luton Van, Flat bed transporters and 7.5t HGVs, while Viavan requires that your car is from 2010 or newer.
If you fulfil the main requirements to join the app you want in the UK, go ahead and explore your driver job possibilities with AppJobs. If not, there is no need to stress, nor give up the idea of becoming a driver! AppJobs can help you! Siga leyendo.
You might have a driver’s license, but you might not have your own vehicle, yet. Or you might lack the proper insurance. Does that mean that you should give up the idea of joining a driving app? Not at all! Various companies can help you by renting you a suitable vehicle or offering insurance, for example.
Rent a car
Imagen de Splend
- Con Splend, puede alquilar un nuevo modelo o coche nuevo en el Reino Unido. También puede obtener descuentos para socios, lo que significa que puede ahorrar en lavados de coches, servicios fiscales y contables, seguros médicos y mucho más. Y si recomiendas a un amigo, recibirás hasta ¡Bono de 100 libras!
Más información sobre Splendel innovador concepto que le permitirá acceder al vehículo y al seguro adecuados cuando conduzca con una app.
- EasyRentCars covers all of the UK and is the preferred go-to rental car platform thanks to many of the offered perks and benefits, such as best price guarantee, no credit card fee y free cancellation! You can also choose an insurance package in case of damage or theft.
Imagen de EasyRentCars
- Quiqup gives you the opportunity to rent a car (apart from scooters and bicycles) so you can start working as a courier and earn money.
- Hiya is a car-sharing platform that allows drivers to rent their cars to save time, money and hassle, including an seguro that protects all parties involved!
Image by Hiya
Get a car insurance
- ZEGO: The policies available on Zego include cover for private hire work, Social, Domestic & Pleasure insurance for personal driving y Hire & Reward cover for food or courier deliveries.
- Tapoly offers on-demand insurance for people like you, working with apps, so you don’t have to worry about commercial risks and have more time to focus on doing what you love.
¿Quiere saber más sobre herramientas y servicios útiles? Lea este post: Más de 60 herramientas y aplicaciones esenciales para autónomos