One of the most popular app-based jobs one can take up is a driver job. Understandable: it can be a perfect way to supplement your income or you can drive full time and earn very good money. The flexibility is guaranteed, as there is no boss to arrange your working schedule, and you work outside, not in some office all through the day!
Nevertheless, there are some requirements you need to fulfil to be accepted as a driver with the various available apps operating in Australia, like Share Your Ride, Shebah, GoCatch or Zoom2U. But this should not discourage you. There is certainly a solution if you need something.
Everything you need to know to become a driver in Australia
Image by Freepik.com
What is usually required for you to work as a driver in Australia?
When looking for the suitable driving platform to join you can read about each one’s specific requirements in AppJobs’ job offers descriptions, but here are the most common requirements:
- For some apps, you will need to be at least 18 years old and for others at least 21.
- You will need an ABN (Australian Business Number).
- A valid driver’s license is a must. Some platforms may require that you have had it at least for a year.
- You need to have a valid car insurance for your vehicle.
- An iPhone or Android smartphone is required, so you can operate the driver app.
- A bank or PayPal account will be necessary in order to receive your payments.
- Make sure you have the legal right to work in Australia.
- Your police record with the Australian Federal Police needs to be clean.
- There are usually special requirements for the vehicle you will use, like that it should be in excellent condition and have at least four doors or be reliable.
If you have all the assets to join, then go ahead and choose the app you like on Appjobs. If not, don’t worry! AppJobs has solutions for you! Just keep on reading to find out what they are.
This is how you can start working as a driver
Image by Splend
Do you lack a suitable, acceptable vehicle and/or insurance to be able to join a driver app? Don’t worry! There are plenty of companies that can rent out cars to people like you or offer you the proper insurance.
- With Splend, you can rent a new-model or brand-new car in Australia! You can also get partner discounts, which means you can save on car washes, tax & accounting services, health insurance and more! And, if you refer a friend, you will receive up to $450! Read more about Splend, an innovative concept that will give you access to proper vehicle and insurance when driving with an app.
- EasyRentCars covers all of Australia and is the preferred go-to rental car platform thanks to many of the offered perks and benefits, such as best price guarantee, no credit card fee and free cancellation! You can also choose an insurance package in case of damage or theft.
Image by EasyRentCars
Want to know more about useful tools and services? Check out the following blog post:
60+ Essentials Tools and Apps for Freelancers
Check all driving jobs in Australia